Feltham Murder Probe: Woman’s Remains Found in London Woodland

News Desk
Feltham Murder Probe: Woman’s Remains Found in London Woodland
Credit: Jordan Pettitt/Archive image

Key Points

  • On the evening of Wednesday 12 August 2026, human remains were found in woodland near Padstow Walk, Feltham, West London.
  • The Metropolitan Police were called at 9.35 pm, and later tests confirmed the bones were human.
  • The body remains were identified as a female between the ages of 25ando 45, but the remains were not identified as the woman’s.
  • The exact length of time that the remains had been at the site prior to discovery is unknown.
  • A post-mortem examination took place on Monday, 17 August, and a murder investigation has now been formally opened.
  • Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Jolley is heading up the investigation and has urged anyone with information to come forward.
  • Police are urging the public to report to them through CAD 6452/12AUG or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
  • Police have not listed fires as a possible cause of the discovery of the remains here in recent years, though residents have been speculating that this could be the reason.
  • The investigation is ongoing, but the crime scene is still cordoned off at Bedfont Lakes Country Park (also known as Bedfont Pits).

London (Britain Today News) August 21, 2026: A murder investigation is underway after human remains were discovered in woodland near Padstow Walk in Feltham, West London, with the Metropolitan Police confirming on 21 August 2026 that the bones belong to a woman aged between 25 and 45. Officers were first called to the scene at 6.35 pm on Wednesday, 12 August, following reports of bones in the wooded area, and a post-mortem examination on Monday, 17 August led detectives to open a formal homicide inquiry. Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Jolley, leading the investigation, said police are working to establish the full circumstances while keeping an open mind, and has appealed for anyone with information to contact the force.

What happened in Feltham?

The incident centres on Bedfont Lakes Country Park, also referred to in reports as Bedfont Pits, where members of the public reported finding bones in the woodland adjacent to Padstow Walk. According to the Metropolitan Police, officers attended the scene on the evening of 12 August and secured the area while initial examinations were carried out. Subsequent forensic testing confirmed the remains are human, prompting further specialist involvement and the establishment of a prolonged crime scene.

Who do the remains belong to?

Detectives have stated that, based on initial assessments, the skeletal remains are believed to be those of a woman aged approximately between 25 and 45 years old. However, her identity has not yet been confirmed and enquiries to establish who she was remain ongoing. Police have not released any further details about the woman’s background, appearance or possible links to the local area while investigations continue.

When were the remains discovered?

The Metropolitan Police were first alerted at6.35 pmm on Wednesday, 12 August 2026, after members of the public reported bones in the woodland near Padstow Walk. The force confirmed that a post-mortem examination took place on Monday, 17 August, and it was following this that the decision was made to launch a murder investigation. The public announcement confirming the murder probe and details of the victim’s estimated age came on Friday, 21 August 2026.

How long had the remains been at the site?

Police have said it is not clear how long the remains had been at the location before they were discovered. Officers are conducting further forensic and environmental assessments to try to establish a timeline for when the woman may have died and how her remains came to be in the woodland. At present, no definitive estimate has been provided publicly.

Why was a murder investigation launched?

A murder investigation was launched following the outcome of the post-mortem examination on 17 August, which early findings indicated warranted a homicide inquiry. Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Jolley said:

“We have launched a murder investigation following the discovery of these remains and are working to establish the full circumstances of what happened while keeping an open mind.”

He added:

“I would urge anyone who has information that may assist us in identifying the victim and understanding the circumstances of her death to come forward and speak to us.”

Where exactly were the bones found?

The bones were found in woodland near Padstow Walk in Feltham, within the wider area of Bedfont Lakes Country Park in Hounslow, West London. Local reporting has described the location as a popular beauty spot and country park used by walkers and families. A crime scene has remained in place at the park while police conduct their enquiries.

What have residents said?

Residents told journalists that the remains at Bedfont Lakes Country Park may have been unearthed following wildfires in the area over the past month. Other outlets, including the Surrey Comet and The Sun, have echoed suggestions that the bones could have been exposed by recent fire damage in the woodland. However, the Metropolitan Police have not officially confirmed wildfires as the cause of the remains becoming visible, and their statements focus on the ongoing forensic and investigative work.

How can the public help the investigation?

Detectives are appealing for anyone with information that could assist in identifying the woman or understanding the circumstances of her death to come forward. The Metropolitan Police have asked members of the public to contact them on 101 and quote reference CAD 6452/12AUG. Alternatively, people can provide information anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

What is the current status of the inquiry?

As of 21 August 2026, the Metropolitan Police have confirmed that a murder investigation is active and that a crime scene remains in place at Bedfont Lakes Country Park. Enquiries to confirm the identity of the woman and to establish how long the remains had been at the site are ongoing. Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Jolley’s team is described as working to establish the full circumstances while “keeping an open mind” as to what occurred.
Explore More about Crime:
Greater Manchester Police Raid Bolton Drug Gang Hideouts
Cumbria Police Appeal for Witnesses After Car Theft in Maryport

What do police want from witnesses?

Police are particularly interested in anyone who may have seen suspicious activity in or around the Padstow Walk woodland in the period leading up to 12 August, or who may have information about missing women who could match the estimated age range. DCI Jolley has emphasised that even seemingly minor details could prove significant in identifying the victim and piecing together the timeline. Members of the public are encouraged to contact the force even if they are unsure whether their information is relevant.

What happens next in the investigation?

Forensic specialists are expected to continue analysing the remains and the scene to build a clearer picture of the woman’s identity and the circumstances surrounding her death. Detectives will also be reviewing missing persons reports, local CCTV, and any other intelligence that could link the remains to a known individual. As the inquiry develops, the Metropolitan Police may issue further updates, particularly if they are able to name the woman or identify potential suspects.