Tuesday, May 18, 2021


‘Fantasist’ jailed for 18 years over VIP abuse claims

A former NHS manager has been jailed for 18 years for falsely claiming he was the victim of a VIP paedophile..

By admin , in England , at July 27, 2019

A former NHS manager has been jailed for 18 years for falsely claiming he was the victim of a VIP paedophile ring.

Carl Beech, 51, claimed he and others were tortured, raped and abused by senior politicians, military chiefs and the heads of MI5 and MI6 – and had witnessed the sadistic murder of three young boys.

Sentencing him at Newcastle Crown Court, Mr Justice James Goss said: "I'm satisfied you are intelligent, resourceful, manipulative and devious."

Image: Lord Janner died in 2015 and never saw justice against his accuser

He had "traduced the reputations" of his victims, some of whom had died before seeing the case resolved, the judge said.

Among those was Lord Janner, who died in 2015. Beech claimed he was raped by him at the Carlton Club in London.

Advertisement

Lord Janner's daughter, Marion Janner, said she was still "tormented by the injustice of the situation and the irreversible damage", while her brother Daniel called the accusation "ghastly".

Harvey Proctor
Image: Harvey Proctor said Beech had a 'vindictive vendetta' against him

Former MP Harvey Proctor, whom Beech accused of threatening to castrate him, said Beech had "a vindictive vendetta against him".

More from UK

In a victim impact statement, Mr Proctor said the investigations had been "life changing", causing him to lose "a whole way of life".

"I gave up attendance in any public place when I suffered being spat at, shouted at… I fled to a remote part of Spain… I was in physical good health, now I am not."

As well as Mr Proctor and Lord Janner, those accused by Beech included 91-year-old Normandy veteran Field Marshal Lord Bramall and the late Lord Brittan.

They were among the elderly and prominent figures whose homes were raided by Metropolitan Police officers during Operation Midland, which was set up in 2014 to look into the divorced father-of-one's allegations.

The investigation, which closed in 2016 without making a single arrest and cost of £2.5m, was described by Mr Proctor as a "truly disgraceful chapter in the history of British policing".

Lord Bramall, the UK's former highest-ranking soldier, was among those Beech accused
Image: Lord Bramall, the UK's former highest-ranking soldier, was among those Beech accused

Metropolitan Police Deputy Commissioner Sir Stephen House said officers in the case had worked in good faith, and he would see whether lessons could be learned.

Labour Party deputy leader Tom Watson encouraged police to investigate.

He met Beech in 2014, but said he had only told him the allegations would be taken seriously, as "it was not my role to judge whether victims' stories were true".

Beech also gave fRead More – Source

[contf]
[contfnew]

Sky News

[contfnewc]
[contfnewc]

Comments


Leave a Reply


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *