A greedy little pug well and truly skewered himself after swallowing an eight-inch kebab stick.
Montys owners have dubbed it the most expensive kebab ever after being forced to pay £6,000 to remove it.
The stick had pierced his diaphragm and lungs and owner Sharon Perry, 61, only noticed when he couldnt bend, sit down and was even falling asleep standing up.
Sharon, from Bexleyheath, Kent, said: Talk about the most expensive kebab ever. He must have gobbled it when my back was turn on a walk.
How he managed to swallow it whole I just dont know. I knew something was wrong when he wasnt eating.
Hes usually a gannet, a real greedy pug. That evening I was putting my feet up to watch the TV and he wouldnt sit down.
I went over to him to try and make his bum sit to the floor but he wasnt having it.
I was saying “sit, sit!” and I just thought he was in a strop ignoring me.
Then he started falling asleep standing up which wasnt like him.
I told my husband Monty was being a bit off so we decided to take him round the vets the next morning.
It was only when he had the CT scan that it showed up as the other tests didnt show wood.
When the vet told me they had to keep him in because there was a kebab stick inside of him I was just in plain shock.
I had a phone call that evening saying the operation had happened but “it was still touch and go”. That was me gone.
I was absolutely hysterical. I was on the floor crying and whaling. I thought I was going to lose my baby.
But he made it through.
Mum-of-three Sharon thinks he ate it when her back was turned during an evening walk.
Monty was left with 20 stitches after a two-hour operation at North Downs Specialist Referrals in Redhill, Surrey, and was made to stay at the vets for another three days.
I stupidly didnt have insurance but it wouldnt have covered him anyway because they would say he inflicted it on himself, Sharon said.
Theres no way the insurance will touch him now with his track record.
The staff were superb. I cant thank them enough for saving his life.